What's Cooking: Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace's turkey chili
Chef Giovanni Farruggio, of Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace, shows News 12's Lily Stolzberg how to make turkey chili.
2lb Ground Turkey
1ea. White Onion (small dice)
1ea. Poblano Pepper (small dice)
16oz Uncle G Hot Salsa
2tbs Ancho Chile Powder
2tbs Dark Chili Powder
1 16oc Can Black Beans (strained and rinsed)
8oz Chicken Stock
3tbs Cilantro (chopped)
1. In a medium sauce pot sweat the onions and peppers until translucent.
2. Add turkey and cook until golden brown and fully cooked.
3. Add dried spices and incorporate well by stirring.
4. Add the chicken stock, stir and cook for three minutes.
5. Add the salsa and cook for ten minutes.
6. Remove from heat and stir in the cilantro.