What's Cooking: Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace's fall farro salad
Chef Vinny Olivieri, of Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace, shows News 12's Lily Stolzberg how to make fall farro salad.
• ½ lb. Farro
• ¼ bu. Kale (de-stemmed)
• 1 ea. Shallots (sliced)
• 1 ea. Sweet Potato (diced)
• 2 tbs. Sunflower Seeds (toasted)
• 1 cup Italian Dressing
• 2 tbs. Apple Cider
• 2 tbs. Apple Cider Vinegar
• 1 tbs Dijon Mustard
• 2 tbs. Olive Oil
• 1 cup Frying Oil
1. Cube the sweet potatoes into a medium dice and toss with salt, pepper, and olive oil.
2. Roast in the oven at 375⁰ for 25 minutes or until color is achieved.
3. Destem the kale and fry until crispy, allow to cool.
4. Slice the shallots and fry until golden brown, allow to cool.
5. In a medium mixing bowl add the Dijon mustard, Italian dressing, apple cider, and the apple cider vinegar, and whisk until all ingredients are incorporated.
6. Boil the farro until tender and cool.
7. Combine the farro, sweet potatoes, shallots, sunflower seeds, and most of the kale reserving a handful of the kale for garnish.
8. Add the dressing and mix until all ingredients are well incorporated.
9. Plate, garnish with remaining crispy fried kale and enjoy!