Residents awake to smoke and sound of alarm when house fire erupts in Campbell Hall

About a dozen people woke up to a small fire inside a Campbell Hall residence Sunday morning.

News 12 Staff

Mar 1, 2020, 4:54 PM

Updated 1,544 days ago

Share:

A family woke up to find flames inside their Campbell Hall residence Sunday morning.
The fire started on the first floor in the back of the home on Sarah Wells Trail around 6:45 a.m.
News 12 was told the fire grew quickly and engulfed the home.
There were six people sleeping inside the home at the time of the fire. Fire officials say they were able to escape safely after they were woken up by the smell of the smoke and the alarm from the smoke detectors.
 Treze Bujaj says she was inside the house when the fire erupted, and that her cousin jumped out of a window on the second floor.

Officials say that person is the only one who was injured, suffering minor scratches.

Bujaj says the fire grew quickly.

"It was really small at first but then it got... the whole house was engulfed in flames in five minutes,” he says.

Campbell Hall Fire Chief Ken Lewis says it was a dangerous fire to fight, and that the fire could have easily been deadly.

"If there were no smoke alarms or anything, it would have definitely been a different situation,” he says.

"Apparently…the house burnt before the first time and they had to build it again,” says Bujaj.


More from News 12