Orange County family saved from major gas leak by carbon monoxide detector

An Orange County grandmother says her carbon monoxide detector saved her family's lives.
Cara Rajbhandari, 53, says she was home with her son and 8-year-old granddaughter in Newburgh when their building's carbon monoxide detector went off earlier this month.
She says it turned out there was a major carbon monoxide leak in her apartment building. She says things could have been much worse if they weren't alerted to the odorless danger.
"Change your batteries. Make sure your building is properly inspected before you move in, but the most important thing is change your batteries," Rajbhandari says.
Experts recommend having a carbon monoxide detector on each floor of your home and buying new ones every six years.