STORM WATCH

Extreme heat continues with scattered storms throughout the weekend

Officials: Croton-On-Hudson house fire attributed to heating equipment malfunction

The Croton-On-Hudson Fire Department says when firefighters arrived, the temperature of the home was over 130 degrees on the second floor of the home.

News 12 Staff

Aug 27, 2023, 3:45 PM

Updated 299 days ago

Share:

Officials say a heating equipment malfunction caused a fire at a Croton-on-Hudson home Saturday night.
The fire occurred around 10:30 p.m. Saturday.
The Croton-On-Hudson Fire Department says when firefighters arrived, the temperature of the home was over 130 degrees on the second floor of the home.
Units remained on the scene for nearly two hours to help ventilate and cool off the home.


More from News 12