HEAT ALERT

Extreme heat continues, scattered strong storms possible this afternoon and evening

Mount Vernon city marshal's house goes up in flames

The home of a Mount Vernon city marshal went up in flames Wednesday. Every unit in Mount Vernon responded to the fire on California Avenue around 9:30 a.m. Firefighters say flames were shooting out through

News 12 Staff

Apr 26, 2006, 4:50 PM

Updated 6,633 days ago

Share:

The home of a Mount Vernon city marshal went up in flames Wednesday.
Every unit in Mount Vernon responded to the fire on California Avenue around 9:30 a.m. Firefighters say flames were shooting out through the roof. Serapher Conn-Halevi and another occupant got out of the house safely. Fire officials say the fire started in the third-floor bathroom and may have been electrical.
The fire was contained to the third floor, however, Conn-Halevi?s house has a lot of water and smoke damage. Fire officials say the fire was accidental.


More from News 12