Mother, son rescued from burning home in Spring Valley

A mother and her son were pulled from their burning home by firefighters in Spring Valley today. The fast moving fire destroyed their home. The mother was hospitalized, but officials say neither suffered

News 12 Staff

Nov 24, 2014, 4:24 AM

Updated 3,526 days ago

Share:

A mother and her son were pulled from their burning home by firefighters in Spring Valley today.
The fast moving fire destroyed their home. The mother was hospitalized, but officials say neither suffered serious injuries.
Fire officials say the fire was sparked by a barbecue that sent fallen leaves up in flames.
Neighbors described hearing explosions during the fire, which fire officials say were caused by two aerosol cans that had been left on the home's porch. Piles of garbage bags made the fire worse.


More from News 12