First responders rescue family and numerous pets from Middletown flames

Two people were injured, and several pets were rescued by first responders during a house fire in Middletown Tuesday evening.
Officials say flames broke out at 78 Watkins Ave. around 8:30 p.m.
The fire is believed to have started behind a stove in the basement. It took crews about an hour to put the fire out.
Investigators believe the fire was electrical, but won’t make a final determination until insurance companies investigate.
Total of eight people lived in the house. Two residents went to the hospital for smoke inhalation. 
No firefighters were hurt.
Two dogs and a ferret were rescued from the basement.