Fire erupts at Newburgh apartment complex

The city fire chief told News 12 the fire started in the kitchen of a ground floor apartment.

News 12 Staff

Mar 5, 2023, 2:37 AM

Updated 478 days ago

Share:

A fire broke out Saturday afternoon at an apartment complex in Newburgh.
It happened on Washington Terrace around 2 p.m.
The city fire chief told News 12 the fire started in the kitchen of a ground floor apartment.
He said the cause of the fire was cooking oil.
Nearly two dozen people had to be evacuated from the three-story building.
Newburgh's fire chief said several neighboring fire departments also assisted.
He said firefighters were able to contain the fire in about 20 minutes to one apartment, but several others suffered smoke and water damage.
There were no injuries.


More from News 12