Fire destroys Ossining house, homeowner injured

Fire officials say the house on Charles Place was fully engulfed in flames when they arrived.

News 12 Staff

Apr 4, 2023, 4:26 PM

Updated 465 days ago

Share:

An Ossining homeowner is now in the hospital after his house went up in flames.
Fire officials got the call around 9 a.m. to a house on Charles Place. They say the home was fully engulfed in flames when they arrived.

Officials tell News 12 the owner was taken to the hospital with unknown injuries.

A neighbor says the owner lived alone and is glad to hear he was evacuated.
"I was very, very upset. Very sad and very scared because the house was on fire but thank God everything is OK." Says Frank Pereira.

Multiple agencies responded to the fire to quickly put it out.

The two-story structure appears to be a total loss.


More from News 12