Fire damages Eastchester building

Firefighters in Eastchester responded to a Garth Road building Monday afternoon after a fire erupted. Eastchester Fire Department officials say the blaze at 142 Garth Road started after a stove caught

News 12 Staff

Feb 10, 2009, 8:35 PM

Updated 5,586 days ago

Share:

Fire damages Eastchester building
Firefighters in Eastchester responded to a Garth Road building Monday afternoon after a fire erupted.
Eastchester Fire Department officials say the blaze at 142 Garth Road started after a stove caught fire while a tenant was trying to clean it out.
All of the building's tenants got out without injury, but an Eastchester police officer was admitted to the hospital with smoke inhalation, fire officials say.
Firefighters say more severe damage to the building was limited because the tenant who lives where the fire started closed the door behind her, helping to contain the blaze.


More from News 12