Fire damages Bedford Hills synagogue

The Chabad Jewish Center of Bedford stands boarded up following a Tuesday afternoon electrical fire.

News 12 Staff

Feb 6, 2019, 11:48 AM

Updated 1,996 days ago

Share:

The Chabad Jewish Center of Bedford stood boarded up following a Tuesday afternoon electrical fire.
An electrical issue with a water cooler sparked the fire that ripped through the building, according to Rabbi Arik Wolf. There were no reported injuries.
"Just to come here and see it as a black, burnt-out shell -- to have your home almost burn down, it's painful," says Wolf.
According to reports, Bedford Hills firefighters and other departments battled the flames for nearly 30 minutes. Damage appeared to be worst on the left side of the building.
The center will remain closed for months. In the meantime, morning services were held at the Katonah Memorial House.
Wolf says they plan on moving to a new location in Bedford soon.
 
 


More from News 12