STORM WATCH

Dangerous heat lingers through Friday; tracking weekend thunderstorms

Carbon monoxide incident triggers summonses for Yonkers landlord

The City of Yonkers slapped a landlord with six summonses stemming from last week’s carbon monoxide incident that sent six adults and five children to the hospital.

News 12 Staff

Apr 25, 2019, 9:57 PM

Updated 1,883 days ago

Share:

The City of Yonkers slapped a landlord with six summonses stemming from last week’s carbon monoxide incident that sent six adults and five children to the hospital.
Commissioner of Housing and Buildings for Yonkers Vincent Pici says there were no CO detectors inside the home at 27 Coyle Place, and the smoke detectors were not working.
When first responders arrived at the home, they found CO levels of 600-700 parts per million – well above the lethal level.
As part of those summonses, the building's owners have been asked to appear in court. The representatives of A&M 27 LLC are due in Yonkers City Court on May 9.


More from News 12