Boiler fire at Maria Regina High School forces remote learning for students
Students at Maria Regina High School in Hartsdale had a remote learning day due to a boiler catching fire in the school.
The incident occurred just before 3 a.m., setting off the fire alarms.
The Hartsdale Fire Department responded, with assistance from White Plains, Scarsdale, Greenville, and Fairview fire departments.
Most of the damage was confined to the boiler, as well as the plumbing and insulation around it.
There were no reported injuries.
School officials sent notification within an hour of the fire to alert students, parents and teachers to the remote learning day. The scene was cleared a little after 5 a.m.
The school's principal hopes the fire was simply a malfunction and tells News 12 that the boiler system is relatively new.