WATCH LIVE

House Committee on Oversight holds hearing on attempted assassination on Donald Trump. Stream now on News 12 New York.

9 Yonkers tenants treated for carbon monoxide poisoning

<p>Nine people were treated for carbon monoxide poisoning early Friday morning after the odorless gas filled up a multifamily home in Yonkers.</p>

News 12 Staff

Jan 5, 2018, 10:27 PM

Updated 2,389 days ago

Share:

Nine people were treated for carbon monoxide poisoning early Friday morning after the odorless gas filled up a multifamily home in Yonkers.
Officials say the nine residents at 104 Oak St.  were taken to the hospital with symptoms such as vomiting and dizziness. 
Fire officials confirmed that the chimney of the multifamily unit had been blocked for an unknown period of time, causing the carbon monoxide to fill the building.
They also say an unplugged carbon monoxide detector was found inside.
Officials say carbon monoxide poisoning is preventable if detectors are plugged in and working.


More from News 12