Construction worker electrocuted in New Rochelle

Posted: Updated:

A construction worker was electrocuted in New Rochelle Wednesday.

Officials say the man was in a cherry picker doing exterior work on a building when he accidentally struck high voltage wires.

The incident happened Wednesday afternoon on Union Avenue.

They say he was pronounced dead at the scene.       

OSHA is investigating.

 

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."