High levels of carbon monoxide scare tenants in Yonkers apartment

Posted: Updated:

Tenants were alarmed by a carbon monoxide leak last night in Yonkers.

Emergency crews were summoned to 7 Schroeder St around 9:30 last night.

The impacted apartment was temporarily evacuated and ventilated by firefighters until the carbon monoxide level dropped to zero.

The family in the apartment was not affected. However, two other adults were transported to Westchester County Medical Center due to exposure.

The deputy chief of personnel for the Yonkers Fire Department sent a statement to News 12.

“We have no reports of the heat being off or any other issues in the building. We are checking further with municipal housing,” said Daniel P. Flynn.

It appears to have been an isolated incident. No other apartments were affected.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."