2 injured after gas oven explosion in Port Chester

Posted: Updated:

Two people were hurt after a kitchen fire in Port Chester.

Officials say the flames sparked around 4 p.m. Sunday after some type of explosion within a gas oven inside a building on Westchester Avenue.

Firefighters helped two people get out of the building.

There is no word yet on the extent of their injuries. 

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."