CO leak prompts evacuation of Ossining nursing home

Posted: Updated:

An apparent carbon monoxide leak forced the evacuation of a nursing home in Ossining Saturday evening.

Sources tell News 12 that construction caused the leak at Bethel Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Ossining.

Nursing home visitors, who did not want to go on camera, told News 12 that they first called the fire department when carbon monoxide alarms started to go off.

First responders arrived quickly to Narragansett Avenue, opening windows and getting everyone back indoors in about an hour.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."