'No respect': Nearly 100 headstones damaged by vandals at Calvary CemeteryPosted: Updated:
Nearly 100 headstones were damaged at a Hudson Valley cemetery last weekend, police say.
The headstones were knocked over at the Calvary Cemetery in New Windsor. Police say a group of vandals came in sometime overnight on Sunday and damaged the headstones.
Cemetery staff say they are working to contact families with graves that were affected, and plan on installing security cameras to help prevent it from happening again.
Cemetery Superintendent Harry Coolidge says his son’s headstone wasn’t damaged, but items left at the site were thrown into the road.
"No respect. You got to be nuts to do something like this," he told News 12.
Any businesses or homeowners with video surveillance in the area are being asked to notify New Windsor police at 845-565-7000.
- Workers at the Landmark Diner in Briarcliff Manor are facing an uncertain future following an intense fire that turned the popular eatery into rubble.
Univision 41 News Brief: NYC llega a los salones de belleza para luchar contra la violencia domésticaNYC llega a los salones de belleza para luchar contra la violencia doméstica. Familia dominicana busca desesperadamente a su ser querido en Jersey City.
- A Dutchess County woman has been reunited with her cat that went missing. The kicker? The cat was missing for 11 years.
- A massive construction project in Chappaqua is making it difficult for pedestrians to walk to shops in the area.
- New York law enforcement officials are bracing for a new law going into effect this weekend that will allow officers to remove guns from people who are suspected of unusual behavior.
- The 2019 MTV VMAs will be live from the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey on Monday, Aug. 26. Who can you expect to see as part of the star-studded night?
- Authorities say two people were killed when a small plane that was headed to Long Island crashed into a home in New York's Dutchess County, sparking a fire.
- Tie-dyed pilgrims and white-haired Woodstock festival veterans converged at the generation-defining site in Bethel, New York, this weekend to celebrate its 50th anniversary
- Storm photos in July from around the tri-state area.Storm photos in July from around the tri-state area.
Looking for some excitement this summer? Check out some of these thrilling and extreme roller coasters, all located in the tri-state area.