Dryer catches fire at West Haverstraw home

Posted: Updated:
WEST HAVERSTRAW -

Two women who live on Campbell Court in West Haverstraw say a dryer caught fire at their home Monday morning.

They say it quickly spread throughout the house.

The women say they had a hard time escaping because of so much smoke.

"Smoky, I was blinded by the smoke, there was nothing I could see,” says Carolina Hache. “It was very scary, no idea how bad it was going to get."

Firefighters were able to douse the blaze, and no one was injured

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."