Women flee West Haverstraw duplex firePosted: Updated:
Two women had to flee their burning home in Rockland County this morning.
The women who live in a duplex on Campbell Court in West Haverstraw say they're still shaken up after a dryer caught fire.
They say it quickly spread throughout the house, and they had a hard time escaping because of so much smoke. "Smoky, I was blinded by the smoke, there was nothing I could see. It was very scary, I had no idea how bad it was going to get,” says Carolina Hache, of West Haverstraw.
Firefighters were able to douse the blaze quickly and stop the flames from spreading and destroying the duplex.
No one was injured.