Coastal Flood STATEMENT in effect for:
State parks looking to hire 1,000 lifeguardsPosted: Updated:
ALBANY (AP) - More than 1,000 lifeguards are being sought by New York's parks agency to staff its beaches and pools this summer.
State park lifeguards must meet eligibility requirements including successful completion of a qualifying test that includes demonstration of swimming, lifesaving and CPR skills.
Information about qualifications, test dates and job application is available on the New York State Parks website.
The state office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation oversees more than 250 parks, historic sites, golf courses, boat launches and trails.
(Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Officials say this year there is no county-organized bread-burning spot because of the pandemic.Officials say this year there is no county-organized bread-burning spot because of the pandemic.
- Fast food chain White Castle is showing its appreciation for the men and women on the front lines of the coronavirus battle with some free food.
- New Jersey native Bruce Springsteen is set to appear this morning on SiriusXM's E Street Radio.New Jersey native Bruce Springsteen is set to appear this morning on SiriusXM's E Street Radio.
- The National Bobblehead Hall of Fame and Museum’s latest bobblehead is helping to raise thousands.The National Bobblehead Hall of Fame and Museum’s latest bobblehead is helping to raise thousands.
- A large group of educators drove through the city Tuesday to show how much they appreciate their students.A large group of educators drove through the city Tuesday to show how much they appreciate their students.
- In these trying times, we can all use a breath of fresh air every once in a while. News 12 wants to see your scenic photos while you get your breath of fresh air.
- These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.
- From doctors and nurses to firefighters and police officers. From grocery store workers to news media and beyond. There are many who work hard to keep things running, keep us informed and keep us safe.
- Celebrating Easter or Passover is a little different this year. So, we want to see how you are celebrating. News 12 wants to see all of your photos, including throwbacks!
- Whatever the reason is, News 12 wants to see photos of what you're doing to keep busy during the coronavirus pandemic.