Carbon monoxide incident triggers summonses for Yonkers landlord

Posted: Updated:
YONKERS -

The City of Yonkers slapped a landlord with six summonses stemming from last week’s carbon monoxide incident that sent six adults and five children to the hospital.

Commissioner of Housing and Buildings for Yonkers Vincent Pici says there were no CO detectors inside the home at 27 Coyle Place, and the smoke detectors were not working.

When first responders arrived at the home, they found CO levels of 600-700 parts per million – well above the lethal level.

As part of those summonses, the building's owners have been asked to appear in court. The representatives of A&M 27 LLC are due in Yonkers City Court on May 9.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."