Family left homeless after Nyack fire

Posted: Updated:
NYACK -

A family with two young children is now homeless after a fast-moving fire in Nyack on Sunday.

Fire crews say flames were already moving quickly through the two-and-a-half-story house when they arrived at 166 Cedar Hill Ave. around 3 p.m.
Investigators say the fire started on the first floor somewhere near a fireplace that had recently been serviced and that it does not appear to be suspicious.

There were three people home at the time, two young children who live there with their parents and their grandmother who was baby-sitting while the parents were out.

All got out safely, but they were taken to the hospital to be checked out for minor smoke inhalation.

Firefighters were able to put it out fairly quickly, but the house suffered quite a bit of damage and is uninhabitable.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."