Mamaroneck man burned by exploding e-cig battery

Posted: Updated:
LARCHMONT -

A Mamaroneck man is recovering this morning after he says an e-cigarette battery exploded in his pocket.

Jacob Dudhnath, 27, says he was at work in Larchmont Monday when the battery burst into flames.

He says his co-workers burned their hands while helping rip his pants off.

Dudhnath was taken to Westchester Medical Center with first and second-degree burns on his left leg.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."