Fire sparks at Bronxville Chinese restaurant

Posted: Updated:
BRONXVILLE -

Firefighters battled an aggressive fire at a Chinese restaurant in Bronxville Saturday afternoon.

Fire officials say a 5-foot grill went up in flames at the Hunan Three on Cedar Street around 3:30 p.m.

Authorities say everyone made it out of the restaurant safely.

But the Eastchester fire chief says firefighters had a hard time putting out the blaze due to an extension to a hood system and trouble getting a door to the boiler open.

The Health Department was stopping by the restaurant to determine when it can reopen.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."