Guide: Apple Picking in the Hudson Valley
Looking to go apple picking this fall season? Check out some of the locations in Westchester and Hudson Valley. Please check with the location before heading out as dates and times are subject to change.
63 Apple Tree Lane
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., Saturday-Sunday Holidays, 9 a.m. – 6 p.m., September 1 – November 30
Types of apples: TBA
Other activities: Farm stand, playground, gem stone mining, petting zoo
9 Fishkill Farm Road
Hours: Sunday – Saturday, September 1 – October 31, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Types of apples: Pixie Crunch, Sweet Sixteen, Galarina, Florina, Crimson Topaz, Crimson Crisp, Shizuka, Suncrisp, Ida Red, Northern Sky, Newtown Pippin, Rome, Red Delicious, Pink Lady, Granny Smith, Macoun, Gala and more
Harvest Moon Farm & Orchard
130 Hardscrabble Road
Hours: Sunday – Saturday, September 1 – October 31, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Types of apples: Braeburn, Granny Smith, Empire, Red Delicious, Golden Delicious, Fuji, Macoun, Crispin, Cortland, Pink Lady, Cameo, Honeycrisp
Other activities: Hayrides, games, live music, farm animals, pony rides, face painting
5755 Route 209
Hours: Every day from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Types of apples: Ginger Golds, Jonamacs, Cortlands, Empire, Honeycrisp, Golden Delicious, Crispin and Rome
Other activities: Farm activities are Mini-golf, Corn Maze, Hay Mountain Jumping pillow, Petting farm and Playground.
139 Hardscrabble Road
Types of apples: McIntosh, Cortland, Rhode Island Greenings, Rome, Baldwin, Red Delicious
Other activities: Hay rides
230 Guinea Road
Hours: Sunday – Saturday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Types of apples: Granny Smith, Braeburn, Ida Red, Fuji, Winesap, Golden Delicious, Northern Spy, Jonagold, Crispin, Red Delicious, Empire, Macoun, Cortland, Gala, McIntosh, Gingergold, Jonamac, Paula Red
5100 Route 209
Hours: Tuesday-Thursday - 7 a.m.-5 p.m.; Friday & Saturday - 7 a.m.-6 p.m.; Sunday - 7 a.m.-5 p.m.
Other activities: Hayrides, festivals, market, bakery
62 Granite Springs Road
Hours: Sunday – Saturday, September 6 – November 30, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Types of apples: McIntosh, Jonamac, Cortland, Macoun, Gala, Empire, Northern Spy, Red Delicious, Golden Delicious, Jonagold, Winesap. Fuji, Ida Red, Crispin, Cameo, Sun Crisps, Nitany’s, Braeburn
Other activities: Farm stand
Wilkens Fruit & Fir Farm
1335 White Hill Road
Hours: Sunday – Saturday, September 1 – October 31, 10 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Types of apples: Gala, McIntosh, Baldwin, Cortland, Macoun, Golden Delicious, Red Delicious, Jonagold, Crispin, Empire, Winesap, Fuji, Ida Red
Other activities: Corn maze
Did we miss your favorite orchard or farm? Click here to let us know!
Food & FunMore>>
- Sports utility vehicles are going green at this year's New York International Auto Show.Sports utility vehicles are going green at this year's New York International Auto Show.
- Bugatti's 110th anniversary car -- the special edition Chiron Sport -- has a price tag of $3.75 million.Bugatti's 110th anniversary car -- the special edition Chiron Sport -- has a price tag of $3.75 million.
- The New York International Auto Show is back this week, featuring multimillion-dollar rides and the hottest automotive trends.The New York International Auto Show is back this week, featuring multimillion-dollar rides and the hottest automotive trends.
- Special needs students put their culinary skills to great use at The Clear View Cafe in Briarcliff Manor.
- The possibilities are endless when you create your own treats at Glazed Over Donuts on Main Street in Beacon.