Guide: Apple Picking in the Hudson Valley
Looking to go apple picking this fall season? Check out some of the locations in Westchester and Hudson Valley. Please check with the location before heading out as dates and times are subject to change.
63 Apple Tree Lane
Hours: Opens in July; Monday-Sunday, Holidays, 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.,
Types of apples: Early Gold, Pristine, Paula Red, Ginger Gold, Zestars, Jona Mac, Gala, Macintosh, Cortlandt, Macoun, Spartans, Empires, Red Delicious, Golden Delicious, Jona Gold, Ida Red, Crispen, Red Stayman, Fuji, Cameo, Greenings, Romes, Winesap, Granny Smith
Other activities: Farm stand, playground, gem stone mining, petting zoo
9 Fishkill Farm Road
Hours: Daily, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Types of apples: Pixie Crunch, Sweet Sixteen, Galarina, Florina, Crimson Topaz, Crimson Crisp, Shizuka, Suncrisp, Ida Red, Northern Sky, Newtown Pippin, Rome, Red Delicious, Pink Lady, Granny Smith, Macoun, Gala and more
Harvest Moon Farm & Orchard
130 Hardscrabble Road
Hours: Aug. 31-Oct. 27; weekends & holidays only until 5 p.m.
Types of apples: Braeburn, Granny Smith, Empire, Red Delicious, Golden Delicious, Fuji, Macoun, Crispin, Cortland, Pink Lady, Cameo, Honeycrisp
Other activities: Hayrides, games, live music, farm animals, pony rides, face painting
5755 Route 209
Hours: Daily, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Types of apples: Ginger Golds, Jonamacs, Cortlands, Empire, Honeycrisp, Golden Delicious, Crispin and Rome
Other activities: Farm activities are Mini-golf, Corn Maze, Hay Mountain Jumping pillow, Petting farm and Playground.
139 Hardscrabble Road
Hours: Apple picking starts Aug. 31; Daily, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Types of apples: McIntosh, Cortland, Rhode Island Greenings, Rome, Baldwin, Red Delicious
Other activities: Hay rides
230 Guinea Road
Hours: Sunday – Saturday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Types of apples: Granny Smith, Braeburn, Ida Red, Fuji, Winesap, Golden Delicious, Northern Spy, Jonagold, Crispin, Red Delicious, Empire, Macoun, Cortland, Gala, McIntosh, Gingergold, Jonamac, Paula Red
5100 Route 209
Hours: U-pick apples start Labor Day weekend; Tuesday – Saturday, 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.; Sundays - 7 a.m.-5 p.m.
Other activities: Hayrides, festivals, market, bakery
62 Granite Springs Road
Hours: Daily beginning Sept. 6, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Types of apples: McIntosh, Jonamac, Cortland, Macoun, Gala, Empire, Northern Spy, Red Delicious, Golden Delicious, Jonagold, Winesap. Fuji, Ida Red, Crispin, Cameo, Sun Crisps, Nitany’s, Braeburn
Other activities: Farm stand
Wilkens Fruit & Fir Farm
1335 White Hill Road
Hours: Starts Sept. 1; Daily, 10 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Types of apples: Gala, McIntosh, Baldwin, Cortland, Macoun, Golden Delicious, Red Delicious, Jonagold, Crispin, Empire, Winesap, Fuji, Ida Red
Other activities: Corn maze
Did we miss your favorite orchard or farm? Click here to let us know!
Food & FunMore>>
- The toy fair runs at the Jacob Javits Center from Feb. 22 through 25.The toy fair runs at the Jacob Javits Center from Feb. 22 through 25.
- The newly opened Captain Crab in Hartsdale is bringing a piece of Louisiana with a mix of Cajun and Creole flavors.
- Busy people trying to get a healthy, filling meal during the work day have more options than ever. Numerous restaurants around the tri-state are capitalizing on this need, as lunch-box style meals rise in popularity.Busy people trying to get a healthy, filling meal during the work day have more options than ever. Numerous restaurants around the tri-state are capitalizing on this need, as lunch-box style meals rise in popularity.
- Crabtree's Kittle House Restaurant and Inn in Chappaqua has been one of the Hudson Valley's more romantic spots dating ack to 1790.
- Travelers can stay for two day and two nights in a faux spaceship.Travelers can stay for two days and two nights in a faux spaceship.