New Rochelle veteran remembered as a heroPosted: Updated:
A New Rochelle veteran is being remembered by his family as someone who dedicated his life to helping others.
Dusty Rhodes, 49, lost his battle to stomach cancer Tuesday. His sister, Dineen, is asking people in Westchester to honor his memory by giving back to a cause dear to his heart - St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
"Instead of flowers and cards... you can donate to the St. Jude foundation," said Dineen. "Dusty would love that."
Rhodes was a decorated Marine who served the country in Operation Desert Storm. He recently faced his toughest battle of all, though, when he was diagnosed with cancer.
After a yearlong fight, he lost his life.
His family wants to thank people around the county for rallying for him in his time of need.
Rhode's funeral will be held in New Rochelle over the weekend.
- As more and more young people experiment with e-cigarette use, there are some hidden health dangers that have doctors and lawmakers taking notice.
- Cabot the great white shark is nearly 10 feet long, weighs over 530 pounds and even has his own Twitter handle.
- More than a dozen graduating high school seniors in Westchester received a boost in funding to help them achieve a college degree.
- Ossining is competing for a $10 million grant from New York state that would give new life to the village’s downtown area.
- A recently released 55-page travel guide for Orange County is encouraging residents to consider taking a "stay-cation."
- Are you attending the PGA Championship? News 12 wants to see your photos!Are you attending the PGA Championship? News 12 wants to see your photos!
- The 2019 Pleasantville Music Festival is set to rock audiences on July 13.The 2019 Pleasantville Music Festival is set to rock audiences on July 13.
- The Rockland-Bergen Music Festival has announced its 2019 lineup.The Rockland-Bergen Music Festival has announced its 2019 lineup.
- The 2019 performer lineup for Madison Square Garden.The 2019 performer lineup for Madison Square Garden.