Firefighters battle flames, bitter cold in Mamaroneck

? More than 50 firefighters endured bone-chilling conditions Monday morning while fighting a house fire on Old White Plains Road.

Firefighters began responding to the scene at approximately 8:30 a.m. amid freezing temperatures. They used thermal imaging cameras to pinpoint the fire, which started behind the walls on the second floor. Flames and smoke eventually spread throughout the entire $1 million home.

The homeowners were in the house when the fire started, but the smell of smoke spurred them to call for help.

The fire is believed to have started due to an electrical problem. No one was seriously injured during the incident.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."