Case dropped against well-known WC attorney

The case against a well-known Westchester attorney accused of attacking another man was dropped Friday.

The alleged attack took place inside the BLT Steak restaurant at the White Plains Ritz Carlton on Christmas Eve. Police say Anthony Mangone and two other men, choked, kicked and head-butted Max DiFabio. Police were unable to identify the other men in the alleged attack.

News 12 political analyst Mike Edelman says he's since spoken to the alleged victim about the case.

"As a professional courtesy, essentially, Max DiFabio decided he didn't want to pursue it and notified the DA to withdraw the case," Edelman says.

Mangone had no comment in court Friday. He had previously pleaded guilty in 2000 to a misdemeanor when he admitted to opening sealed absentee ballots and writing in specific names of candidates in a Green Party primary. However, a grand jury decided not to indict him and the charges were never filed.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."