Ramapo police: House fire caused by candle in menorah

Ramapo police say a fire that left a family of seven homeless for the holidays was sparked by a candle in a menorah.



More than 60 firefighters worked to save the two-story home on Tauber Road Friday night, but the flames were too powerful.



Everyone living in the home got out safely.



The displaced residents are helped by their neighbors.


sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."