Oven fire burns Chinese restaurant

An overheated oven is believed to be what sparked a fire at an Eastchester Chinese restaurant.



The blaze broke out around 4:30 p.m. yesterday at the East Bamboo Restaurant on Mill Road.



Crews were able to quickly douse the flames, and there were no injuries to report.



The restaurant was able to open up again later in the day.


sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."