Residents out for weeks after gas leak at housing complex
Dozens of residents have been displaced for weeks after a gas leak in their Yonkers housing complex.
The building is located at 201 and 203 Warburton Ave. and mostly houses senior citizens and disabled.
Residents say they have been told by the management company that the problem is being addressed, but those who live in the building are concerned about its current condition.
A piece of wood was placed over an open gas line so residents could walk across it and throw out their trash. Tenants say the flimsy wood is potentially dangerous.
One tenant showed News 12 a letter that said the fix would take seven to 10 days, but they have been displaced for 20 days. Residents have been bouncing around various hotels in the area waiting to be allowed back home.
The gas has been turned off in the building while the issue is being fixed.
There has been no word from the managers of the complex.