Yonkers woman escapes fire that killed 2 dogs

A Yonkers woman narrowly escaped injury as a fire destroyed her home.



Fire officials say a space heater may have sparked the flames at the Buckingham Road home at around 11 p.m. Saturday night.



The woman living in the home told fire officials she was watching TV with the space heater on when she turned around and saw the fire.



She says she immediately ran out of her house to safety. Officials say two dogs died in the fire.



Fire officials say it took 40 firefighters to get the flames under control. 


sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."