'Nobody said anything': Westchester’s 1st confirmed coronavirus patient had been treated at Bronxville hospital
Visitors and patients say they are upset that they were not informed that Westchester's first confirmed coronavirus patient was initially treated at New York-Presbyterian Lawrence Hospital in Bronxville.
According to New York City health officials, the 50-year-old New Rochelle man became ill on Feb. 22 and was taken to Lawrence Hospital last Thursday. He was then transferred to NewYork-Presbyterian Columbia University Medical Center in Manhattan Monday.
PHOTOS: The impact of coronavirus around the world
NewYork-Presbyterian, Lawrence Hospital's parent company, issued a statement saying in part, "We have been planning and preparing for this situation, and are following rigorous, CDC-recommended isolation procedures for the health and safety of all of our patients, employees, medical staff and visitors."
Some visitors of the hospital in Bronxville tell News 12 they are frustrated that they were not informed earlier that the patient was treated there.
"Nobody said anything, there was no sign put up, there was nothing. And my sister is there with a heart problem, she doesn't need to be here. I'm really, really disappointed," says Pauline Ellis.
Westchester County officials say some of the nurses at Lawrence Hospital are under quarantine.
VIDEO: Rockland neighbors feel impact of coronavirus
VIDEO: Will A Mask Really Protect You From Coronavirus? - Cheddar Explains