Electrical fire sparks flames in Yonkers home

A family and their two dogs were forced into the cold this morning by an electrical fire in their home.
Fire officials say they received a call at 8:15 a.m. about a fire at 18 Nimitz Road.
The eight family members and pets had already evacuated by the time firefighters arrived.
Crews say they came to the scene, flames were coming from an electrical panel in the basement. The fire got into the wall and raced up to the top floor. "We woke up and there was smoke all over. When we went into the living room. You could see there was fire behind the wall. We called 911 and they came in the blink of an eye," says one family member.
The electricity and gas was shut off, and crews were able to put the flames out quickly. No injuries were reported.
Fire officials think it will be some time before the family is allowed to move back in.