Monroe Town Hall shut down by mold

The Monroe Town Hall has been shut down due to high levels of mold in the building. Supervisor Harley Doles announced Thursday the building is closed because of a toxic black mold problem that's serious

News 12 Staff

Sep 13, 2014, 2:35 AM

Updated 3,562 days ago

Share:

The Monroe Town Hall has been shut down due to high levels of mold in the building.
Supervisor Harley Doles announced Thursday the building is closed because of a toxic black mold problem that's serious enough to be a health concern to employees.
The mold report shows that tests were performed in a back room, crawl space and outside. 
It is not clear where government operations will be moved, but Supervisor Doles said today his priority is relocating town hall and its workers.
However, some critics allege Doles is trying to push past a lawsuit prohibiting town government to move into another building that they purchased. "It could be a diversion trying to get into the movie theater," says resident Greg Gillian.
While the town hall door is now locked, some people were able to enter the building today because they had prearranged appointments for marriage licenses.
Doles denied the allegation of an agenda and said he would call to set up a time to meet in public, but he never did.
It is not clear if Monroe Town Hall will remain closed on Monday.


More from News 12