Extreme clutter hinders firefighters in Port Chester

Posted: Updated:

Firefighters had to battle flames and an extreme amount of clutter during a fire in Port Chester overnight.

Fire officials say the flames broke out at 26 Linden St. around 2 a.m. The homeowner was the only one inside and was able to get out safely.

Investigators think the blaze started in the basement, near the boiler, and spread to the kitchen floor above. The origin is not considered suspicious.

In addition to the home being a “hoarder situation,” crews say they had a hard time putting out the flames due to the oppressive heat and humidity.  The home is uninhabitable at this time.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."