Elderly couple dies of apparent CO poisoning

Posted: Updated:
CROTON-ON-HUDSON -

An elderly couple has died in Croton-on-Hudson of apparent carbon monoxide poisoning.

State police say 86-year-old Cornelius Dennis and 85-year-old Joan Dennis died after were found dead earlier this week on Skytop Drive.

Police believe the couple was killed by a buildup of carbon monoxide. It appears when the couple returned home one day, they left their car running in the garage. It's possible they didn't hear the car running, allowing the carbon monoxide to accumulate in other areas of the home.

The couple was discovered on Saturday when a neighbor noticed three days' worth of newspapers outside the couple's home.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."