Excessive Heat WARNING in effect for:
Carbon monoxide linked to generator sickens White Plains manPosted: Updated:
An elderly man was shaken but conscious as he was taken to the hospital after being sickened by carbon monoxide Wednesday in his White Plains home.
The man reportedly had a generator running in his house on Emmalon Avenue.
Nine or 10 other family members inside the home at the time were also taken to the hospital. They are all expected to be OK.
Hundreds of homes in the community were still without power due to Friday's nor'easter.
Experts recommend never using a generator inside your home or in enclosed spaces, making sure the generator has 3 to 4 feet of clear space above and to the side and ensuring the generator is not near any doors, windows or vents.