Con Ed works to restore power ahead of Wednesday storm

Posted: Updated:
BRONXVILLE -

Thousands of people across the Hudson Valley remained without power Tuesday, just ahead of Wednesday's nor'easter.

Generators could be heard humming on Park Avenue in Bronxville Tuesday evening as they powered up homes that lost electricity during last week's storm.

Con Edison's chairman and CEO John McAvoy said Tuesday 1,700 crews were working to repair the fallen power lines. He said 90 percent of customers without electricity were to have it restored Tuesday, with the other 10 percent anticipated for Wednesday.

News 12 was told that additional resources were brought in from out-of-state to help speed up the process.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."