Asbestos at JFK Early Learning Center concerns Port Chester parentsPosted: Updated:
Some parents in Port Chester remain concerned after mold and asbestos were recently discovered at an elementary school.
The JFK Early Learning Center shut its building down last month after mold and asbestos was discovered.
Sandra Chavez says her first-grader's asthma has gotten worse due to the school's conditions.
The superintendent of Port Chester schools, Dr. Edward Kliszus, insists the school is now safe.
"The minute mold was detected we reassigned all the students the next day," Kliszus said.
Kliszus says he hired crews to clean the school and then had air quality tests performed.
Chavez says she still doesn't trust that the school is clean.
"I have no faith in the school, so I send my kid with water," Chavez said. "That's the most I can do."