Frost ADVISORY in effect for:
Gas leak shuts down elementary schoolPosted: Updated:
A gas leak shut down a Yorktown elementary school this morning
Fire officials say the entire student body at Crompound Elementary School was sent home because of a propane leak at the school just after 8 a.m. today. No injuries were reported.
School officials say the problem stemmed from a faulty connection on a propane tank outside the school.
They say the connection has been fixed and school will reopen tomorrow.