Special Weather STATEMENT in effect for:
Cigarette may have caused Tarrytown track firePosted: Updated:
A tossed cigarette butt may be the cause of a fire on train tracks in Westchester County on Wednesday.
Fire officials say the fire was reported around 5 p.m. at the Tarrytown train station.
The fire was put out quickly, but fire officials are warning people to be more careful. "Make sure they are put out. Put them in a cigarette can. Don't throw them in the brush of the grass because it's going to end up with a cigarette fire with the hot sun like this," says Tarrytown firefighter Patrick Derivan.
No one was injured, and there were no train delays.