Day care evacuated after carbon monoxide scare

Posted: Updated:
GREENBURGH -

A carbon monoxide scare in Greenburgh sent hundreds of children out into the rainy weather.

Carbon monoxide monitors went off at the Lois Bronz Children's Center at around 10 a.m.

The day care center quickly instituted its emergency plan, getting the hundreds of kids out of the center and into the nearby Theodore Young Community Center. 

Con Ed was called to the scene along with firefighters, and they determined the levels of carbon monoxide were elevated in the kitchen.

They aired the building out, isolated the source and allowed the children back inside about an hour later when the carbon monoxide levels receded.

Officials are saying the carbon monoxide reader made all the difference in the safety of the children.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."