Fire officials: Smoking likely caused Yorktown fatal fire

Fire officials say the fire started in the bedroom, was accidental, and possibly from smoking. Fire officials say the fire started in the bedroom, was accidental, and possibly from smoking.
YORKTOWN -

Fire officials say that the blaze that killed an elderly Yorktown Heights couple was likely caused by smoking.

Jeffrey Ginman, 74, and his wife Helen, 70, died when their Central Street home went up in flames last week.

Investigators tell News 12 the fire started in the bedroom and was accidental.

They are survived by their three children and five grandchildren.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."