Faulty wiring blamed in Dobbs Ferry pizzeria fire
Officials say the a fire Thursday at a Dobbs Ferry pizzeria and ice cream shop was accidental.
The fire at the building that houses Brick Oven Pizza and Frankie?s Ice Creamon Main Street forced out four families in upstairs apartments. Edwin Gomez says he smelled smoke in his apartment around 9:30 a.m. Gomez and the other tenants were able to get out of the building quickly. A week ago, the pizzeria owner, Frank Donato, pleaded guilty to making counterfeit $50 bills in the back office of the building. In a plea deal, Donato will not serve jail time and was sentenced to five years probation. Donato?s legal problems led some to think the fire was suspicious.
However, after an investigation, officials say faulty wiring in the ice cream store was to blame for the fire.