Fire breaks out in debris-filled home
Firefighters say they battled flames at a garbage-filled Yonkers home early Monday morning.
The elderly man?s home, located at 15 Argyle Terrace, caught fire at around 7:00 a.m. When firefighters arrived, they say they found piles of boxes, newspapers, and other debris inside the house.
Firefighters say the flames may have started in the kitchen, possibly from a stove.
The man, who lives alone in the house, was not injured. He was later taken to the Westchester Red Cross because of the damage his house received from the fire.