Cops: No meth lab in Cortlandt evacuation
Fire officials say a meth lab explosion was not to blame for a man's injury and the subsequent evacuation of an apartment complex in Cortlandt Wednesday.
First Assistant Chief Brian Wolert, of the Lake Mohegan Fire Department, says his crew was called to the Cortlandt Homes Apartment Complex on Lexington Avenue to assist in an investigation. It was originally thought a man named Trevor suffered severe burns in a meth lab explosion, sparking the evacuation of the building.
However, it was later established that there was no meth lab explosion. State police do say that drugs did play some type of role in the incident, but they would not elaborate.